Before Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for Financial Aid
- File the FAFSA online.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for errors to be corrected or updated on your FAFSA.
- Apply for General Scholarships through the Scholarship Gateway. The deadline to apply is February 15th.
- Academic scholarships are awarded by the Virginia Tech colleges and departments. Therefore the application process and deadlines may vary. Please check with your academic department for such scholarship opportunities and deadlines.
After Applying for Financial Aid
- Respond promptly to all requests for information or documents from departments, scholarship committees, and the Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid. Failure to do so could result in delays, reductions, and/or cancellations of financial aid.
- If additional information is needed, you will be notified by e-mail and will be given 14 days to respond to this request. A list of outstanding documents can be viewed on Hokie SPA or My VT.