The Commonwealth Grant is a state-funded program based on financial need for entering or returning freshmen or transfer students. Only In-State students are eligible for this grant.
- Be a US Citizen
- Cumulative high school GPA (for entering freshmen) of 2.0
- Minimum GPA for renewal of 2.0
- Need-Based financial need
- Resident of Virginia
- Must be enrolled Full-Time (12 hours)
- Seeking 1st Bachelor’s Degree
- Receipt of Veteran’s Benefits, such as Chapter 33, may reduce or eliminate eligibility for this program. Please contact the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV), for more information.
File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by our Priority Filing Deadline
Systematically awarded when student is packaged