The Federal Perkins Loan is a low interest, long-term loan in the student's name. These loans are need-based and made to undergraduate, graduate, and veterinary medicine students with significant levels of financial need.
- Remain enrolled full-time to retain eligibility for this award
- File a FAFSA (with signatures) by the priority deadline
The following must be completed on Hokie SPA or MyVT before the funds can be disbursed to the student's account
- Entrance Interview
- Online document that provides general loan information
- Contain questions, asked as the Entrance Interview is completed, based on the loan information to make sure the student understands their rights and responsibilities of borrowing a Perkins Loan.
- Needs only to be completed once with the first Perkins Loan awarded
- Reference information necessary to qualify for the loan
- Must be completed for EACH new Perkins Loan awarded
- Promissory Note
- Completed online, documentation that the student promises to repay the loan
- Must be completed with first Perkins Loan, then obligates student for all future Perkins Loans